Thursday, February 02, 2006

Posteriors

Not of the 'doesn't he have a lovely posterior' kind but the dreaded 'posterior position prior to labour' kind.

I am now officially obsessed with the position of baby. I am being advised to crawl around the house, lean forward at every available opportunity and lie exclusively on my left side (despite the fact that my left hip now feels as though it's been well and truly crushed). The letters 'OP' in my antenatal book last Friday are filling me with horror and I'm convinced I'm going to have the world's most painful back labour.

The upshot of all this is that I am boring myself, let alone you lot, with this whole pregnancy business. With two days to go until the due date, you would have thought I might have reached some kind of reconciliatory Zen-like state. Far from it. The closer it gets, the more scared I seem to be.

Our lovely doula is being very positive about it all and hell, it's not exactly the end of the world what position the baby's in. At least its head is down! But despite knowing all this, my mind goes into an automatic pilot of worry-dom.

We had our last antenatal class this morning and the usual 'Good lucks' did the rounds. The girls do seem like a nice bunch and we've arranged a coffee shop liaison next Thursday for those of us still up the duff. The inevitable 'Hopefully we won't see you next week' comments did the rounds and it brought back all the memories of meetings in Urban Coffee, discussions about queue jumping and going overdue!

Seeing the midwife tomorrow, so I'll bore you with another post about position then...

Calm vibes needed please!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tooting bird said...

Try not to worry too much, chum. You are not far from the other side. If it's really painful, use the magic words "epidural, please!" (words I will DEFINITELY be using next time, if there is a next time.) Bonne courage xx

2/02/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was exactly the same- Seth was OP. check this out www.spinningbabies.com for tips xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home