Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Coming up for air...



As usual, apologies for being so remiss in my posting! O didn't have a tummy bug at all but a urinary tract infection - poor darling was very ill indeed and it took him over a week to get back to normal. Thank heaven for antibiotics - I can't imagine how he would have recovered without them. I know it's not great to use them on kids, but in this instance I had no hesitation what so ever.

We had a wonderful holiday in France. We were actually quite lucky to get there at all given all the fog nonsense that was going on - somehow Bristol airport escaped it all. We were thoroughly spoilt for ten days and N and I managed to reignite marital relations which was very exciting!! I had my first period for nearly two years too so it all happened...

Hopefully my poor skin will return to normal with the hormones settling down. For those of you who haven't seen me for a while, I'm rivaling my 16 year old self with awful acne!! In other news, Faye is 1 in a matter of weeks. Unbelievable how the time's gone by. Work is going well - two days a week suits me just fine and my first staff newsletter was very well received! (OK, I was working from a low base, but hey, I'll take the credit). We launch the Intranet in a few weeks which is another major milestone so I'm hoping I can persuade my boss to keep me on permanently.

We've got an offer on our London flat (ludicrous price, hurrah) and are looking in earnest for something here. Can't wait to get settled at last. O's sleep is still pretty bad, but we're all used to it now and we can't bring ourselves to do anything drastic just yet... Potty training looms, but I'm still in denial. Think that's about it for now. Much love and a happy new year to everyone (if anyone's still reading this!!)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blimey you two make gorgeous kids! Coming to Bristol soon if you're up for a visit. x x x

1/11/2007  
Blogger clarey b said...

Definitely... let us know when and we'll try and be here. Would LOVE to see you all xx

1/12/2007  
Blogger Minks said...

I'm still reading chuck. Great to hear from you x

1/15/2007  
Blogger clarey b said...

Thanks minks. Wish I had a bit more energy to make it up to London!

1/15/2007  
Blogger Tooting bird said...

me, me, I'm still reading too! xx
(Emma sends twin love and Glory almost-twin love)

1/16/2007  
Blogger Fashion Detective said...

I'm so happy that someone else is still at the dreading potty training stage and not done and dusted I could cry!
Great news on the flat! Congrats.
Bumped into Mel and Rob today. They were carrying large bin liners full of something. I'm hoping it wasn't Jack and Charlie - ha ha.
I should email you really shouldn't I - this is like a blog comment letter!
Lots of love, Jo xxx
P.S. Your children get more gorgeous with every photo!

1/17/2007  
Blogger clarey b said...

Good to hear from you all ladies - cyberspace is a wonderful place eh? x

1/17/2007  
Blogger ? said...

why did u stop updating? such a beautiful space

7/07/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home